Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Mongoose Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   AHL deckplans officially retconned? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=36562)

mike wightman August 16th, 2016 04:13 AM

AHL deckplans officially retconned?
 
In the discussion forums over on the Mongoose boards it has come to light that the changes to the deckplans for the AHL were deliberate and discussed with 'people'.

Is this an official retcon?

Is the game AHL now officially decanonised since the deckplans are no longer correct for the ship class?

Condottiere August 16th, 2016 04:47 AM

I don't recall that thread, though I haven't compared the two sets either.

Could have been a subclass, or extensive refurbishment, which could keep both canon.

LeperColony August 16th, 2016 04:56 AM

If I'm remembering correctly, didn't the class receive a refit at one point?

mike wightman August 16th, 2016 05:44 AM

The old deck plans area multi deck tail sitting 'hotel floor' arrangement.

The new version has three decks and looks like a big Kinunir - that's not a refit...

Condottiere August 16th, 2016 06:43 AM

I've dug out Supplement Three, Fighting Ships.

While I can't comment on individual details, it still seems the same high rise configuration.

mike wightman August 16th, 2016 06:51 AM

The shape is right, the deck plans are wrong.

Condottiere August 16th, 2016 07:01 AM

Unless this was adjusted by a later edition or another publication, the entry clearly shows eighty four decks.

McPerth August 16th, 2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike wightman (Post 546830)
In the discussion forums over on the Mongoose boards it has come to light that the changes to the deckplans for the AHL were deliberate and discussed with 'people'.

Where have those plans appeared?

I hope they are not official retcon, a I like AHL game with all its deck plans...

Too many adventures are based on them to allow for that

simonh August 16th, 2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike wightman (Post 546830)
Is this an official retcon?

Is the game AHL now officially decanonised since the deckplans are no longer correct for the ship class?

GDW published a version of the AHL. Mongoose have published a version of the AHL.

By the power invested in me by myself I hereby officially and with all due ceremony entitle and empower you, in perpetuity, with full authority to take your pick.

Simon Hibbs

mike wightman August 16th, 2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McPerth (Post 546844)
Where have those plans appeared?

I hope they are not official retcon, a I like AHL game with all its deck plans...

Too many adventures are based on them to allow for that

They are in the new MgT High Guard second edition.

A couple of people on the Mongoose forums commented on them and the reply was that it is an official change and that they were always meant to be like that according to 'discussions'.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.