Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Clement Sector (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Clement and Traveller Map (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=39752)

Kilgs January 7th, 2019 03:29 PM

Clement and Traveller Map

Any thought to allowing Traveller Map to post Clement? Tash posts apocryphal and non-OTU maps on his app all the time provided someone does the data upload for him.

Might help with using Traveller apps and online games. Given the small amount of planets and lack of metadata, it would be fairly easy to put together... Yes, I'm volunteering.

whulorigan January 7th, 2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgs (Post 597824)
Any thought to allowing Traveller Map to post Clement? Tash posts apocryphal and non-OTU maps on his app all the time provided someone does the data upload for him.

Might help with using Traveller apps and online games. Given the small amount of planets and lack of metadata, it would be fairly easy to put together... Yes, I'm volunteering.

You could even post it in its correct location on the other side of the Galaxy.

inexorabletash January 7th, 2019 08:03 PM

There have been conversations, but there were some non-technical concerns that have prevented it.

Kilgs January 8th, 2019 10:11 AM

Roger. I figured legalities must have kept it from happening since I realized I was likely not the first person with the idea.

Gypsy Knights Games January 9th, 2019 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kilgs (Post 597849)
Roger. I figured legalities must have kept it from happening since I realized I was likely not the first person with the idea.

Your assumption is correct.

Maksim-Smelchak January 29th, 2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inexorabletash (Post 597832)
There have been conversations, but there were some non-technical concerns that have prevented it.

If the concerns are not secret, may we know what they are?

I can solve many concerns.

Shalom,
M.

Gypsy Knights Games January 30th, 2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maksim-Smelchak (Post 598560)
If the concerns are not secret, may we know what they are?

The determination was made that it would be unwise to mix the two IPs in such a fashion. There was a feeling on both our parts that it might cause confusion among those using the website and that they might begin to think that Clement Sector and the OTU were related.

So we have no plans to do it.

timerover51 January 30th, 2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy Knights Games (Post 598571)
The determination was made that it would be unwise to mix the two IPs in such a fashion. There was a feeling on both our parts that it might cause confusion among those using the website and that they might begin to think that Clement Sector and the OTU were related.

So we have no plans to do it.

I would say that is a very wise decision, John. That is the view that I am taking for my sector as well.