Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Random Static (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Gold Rush (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=16705)

Andrew Boulton August 17th, 2008 02:32 PM

Gold Rush

'kinell, we're up to third place!

far-trader August 17th, 2008 02:39 PM

:) Congrats!

Pity that Phelps didn't get the memo that they weren't all his ;) (keep expecting him to show up at say the weight lifting event and climb up on the top step for a medal :D )

jfetters August 17th, 2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by far-trader (Post 277128)
:) Congrats!

Pity that Phelps didn't get the memo that they weren't all his ;) (keep expecting him to show up at say the weight lifting event and climb up on the top step for a medal :D )

Hey don't go messin' with the hometown hero! :)

BlackBat242 August 18th, 2008 12:49 AM

How about the Jamaicans?

Gold in men's 100m, sweep in the women's 100m!

Andrew Boulton August 18th, 2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBat242 (Post 277200)
How about the Jamaicans?

Gold in men's 100m, sweep in the women's 100m!

Fraser seemed happy at the result - I think she's part Tigger! :)

jfetters August 18th, 2008 11:13 AM

I know, those were just un-freaking beleivable races.

Andrew Boulton August 23rd, 2008 09:29 AM

Damn those Ruskies! They've kicked us back to 4th!

Incidentally, I hear American broadcasters are rating countries by total number of medals (which puts USA in first place), rather than the way everybody else does it, which is by golds, then silvers, then bronzes (which puts China first).

Valarian August 23rd, 2008 09:32 AM

Ah ... but if you take number of Golds per head of population, we're winning :D

jfetters August 24th, 2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Boulton (Post 278138)
Damn those Ruskies! They've kicked us back to 4th!

Incidentally, I hear American broadcasters are rating countries by total number of medals (which puts USA in first place), rather than the way everybody else does it, which is by golds, then silvers, then bronzes (which puts China first).

Yup. But that's how they always do it, or at least have as long as I can remember, although they list it as GOLD SILVER BRONZE TOTAL with the data sorted by Total. So it becomes pretty obvious at an immediate glance about the Gold standings.

JAFARR August 24th, 2008 11:48 PM

Do your own scoring then. Gold = 3, silver = 2, and bronze = 1. Not sure of the final totals as the local (large town or small city take your choice) paper went to press before last night's (Saturday) events were over. Don't remember if there were any events having finals today or not. I think if you used the system above, USA still comes out on top, with China 2nd.