Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Spinward Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   So, Did the Spinward Traveller Debut Happen at Gencon? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=35037)

Redcap October 14th, 2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Brad (Post 519075)
I think so far it's all "Small Claims" spreed over too many jurisdictions, though I think I heard he has got a letter from a court somewhere in the states trying to arrange an appearance by him or his representation.

But I could be wrong

Being a kickstarter, I'd imagine US Federal jurisdiction might apply, at the very least for Wire Fraud?

vargr1 October 14th, 2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Brad (Post 519075)
I think so far it's all "Small Claims" spreed over too many jurisdictions, though I think I heard he has got a letter from a court somewhere in the states trying to arrange an appearance by him or his representation.

But I could be wrong

True. Also, filing Small Claims Court is pain-in-the-cloaca.

Another week without any word from Mr. Whitman.

I filed a complaint with the KY AG, and I have to give them a chunk of time to process and wait for Mr. Whitman's presumed non-reply.

After than, I'll take a day to drive over to Brandenburg, KY (it's a daytrip from here, and I used to live at Fort Knox, and it's a good excuse to visit the Armor Museum) and file Small Claims on him. I can spare a couple of days, a tank of gas, and some effort for this.

Time to get my suit back from the cleaners.

Never try to bilk a Vargr, for they have pointy teeth and know the number of a good lawyer.

Scratches October 14th, 2015 06:13 PM

I see on KS that some (okay one) replacement ships have arrived though there is still no communication. If you're talking to a lawyer let them know about this as it may constitute a good faith effort and be enough to deflect any action you may bring.

phorner October 15th, 2015 05:43 PM

Ken is not MIA. He is pretty active right now with his new project - Sol Bound (a direct to Web series in the Traveller universe)

MJD October 15th, 2015 07:00 PM

I've always said that Ken Whitman had a talent for starting new projects.

I accepted his reason/excuse why I didn't get paid for Imperium Games work, and - foolishly perhaps - did some more work for him under Archangel Entertainment. Never got paid. Later he contacted me and asked me to work on some new thing of his. I queried the first two failures to pay and never heard anything further.

I still have the emails on file.

Nothing further to add really; twice burned, forever shy and all that.

Echo October 16th, 2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phorner (Post 519226)
Ken is not MIA. He is pretty active right now with his new project - Sol Bound (a direct to Web series in the Traveller universe)

Ken is not fulfilling his obligations.

Where is the model I paid $120 for back in February?

aramis October 16th, 2015 07:06 AM

Stick to facts, not character assassination.

Innuendo WILL be infracted.

Also remember: Ken is also a member of the boards. Attacks and innuendo will be infracted as such.

rich4421972 October 28th, 2015 10:17 PM

I think Ken Whitman wrote (or contributed to) "Chapter 11: Psionics" in the Traveller4 core rulebook. He is also pictured as one member of the "Dream Team" on page 191. I used to think that each contributor to Traveller4 had their own specialty area (i.e. Aliens, starships, psionics, worlds, encounters or combat equipment and etc.)

savage October 28th, 2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich4421972 (Post 520487)
I think Ken Whitman wrote (or contributed to) "Chapter 11: Psionics" in the Traveller4 core rulebook. He is also pictured as one member of the "Dream Team" on page 191. I used to think that each contributor to Traveller4 had their own specialty area (i.e. Aliens, starships, psionics, worlds, encounters or combat equipment and etc.)

A few have said that it is the best psionic representation in Traveller. However, Film production requires an extremely tight handle on project management. I'd say that many people have stumbled in the producer director role. I think it's best that we let Marc work things out and see what is happening. It's probably just running slower than planned.

rich4421972 October 28th, 2015 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage (Post 520489)
I think it's best that we let Marc work things out and see what is happening. It's probably just running slower than planned.

I did enjoy his "Brothers Barbarian" series. It was a lot of fun. At some point, everything is positive and fun and hopeful.

Best to stay positive and hopeful. B)