Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Spinward Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   So, Did the Spinward Traveller Debut Happen at Gencon? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=35037)

Echo October 7th, 2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Johansen (Post 518485)
GAH! Scandal schmandel! Was it any good?

Not that the scandal speaks well for the future of Spinward Traveller but it's as close as we've come to a Traveller TV show.

Actually, on the basis of what we've seen so far, not really, no.

The closest we've really come to a Traveller TV show was Firefly.

Hyphen October 7th, 2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aramis (Post 518495)
So far, all I've found of it is a 1 minute preview/teaser trailer.

What I've seen (and downloaded!) so far, available to the Kickstarter backers:

Opening Credits - 1 minute
Pt 1 - 5 mins
Pt 2 - 6 mins
Pt 3 - 3.5 mins
Pt 4 - 3.5 mins
Pt 5 - 6.5 mins
(25.5 mins total)

All fairly raw footage, CGI done for the opening credits and a few other shots (e.g. ship's laser turret firing).

David Johansen October 7th, 2015 11:19 PM

Not surprising, the trailer wasn't promising. Even so, Traveller TV would be a great thing. I wonder if something more like the fan made seasons 4 & 5 of Star Trek would be possible.

savage October 9th, 2015 11:13 PM

Well, I was waiting on a T-shirt. Hoped to wear it at DragonCon. When i saw complaints i dropped a note to Marc.

I do hope Marc has this situation under control. And i hope the actors and crew get paid. It appears he's known Ken for a while. Also they worked on T4 together. I'm not a T4 fan but Aramis tells us that there are some from a previous thread. I believe someone mentioned Psionics in T4 is pretty good. I never read it. I probably should sometime.

I'm not to wild about the spam emails about other projects. I'm not interested, if it does not discuss spinward traveller.

vargr1 October 11th, 2015 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savage (Post 518740)
Well, I was waiting on a T-shirt. Hoped to wear it at DragonCon. When i saw complaints i dropped a note to Marc.

I do hope Marc has this situation under control. And i hope the actors and crew get paid. It appears he's known Ken for a while. Also they worked on T4 together. I'm not a T4 fan but Aramis tells us that there are some from a previous thread. I believe someone mentioned Psionics in T4 is pretty good. I never read it. I probably should sometime.

I'm not to wild about the spam emails about other projects. I'm not interested, if it does not discuss spinward traveller.

I tried to call Mr Whitman today, using the phone number Mr Whitman posted on his d20 Entertainment page and his Ken Whitman & Associates page.

I got a 'this number has been disconnected' message.

I would say that Mr. Whitman has disappeared, except he did block me on Facebook yesterday for messaging him and asking where my refund was.

There are a couple of webpages that extensively document Mr. Whitman's business practices over the last twenty years, as well as the more recent situation with regards to Jolly Blackburn. Mr. Whitman's handling of Spinward Traveller is not an aberration.

Mako October 11th, 2015 01:47 AM

I saw on another site, that the Kentucky Attorney General has apparently sent him a letter, with 30 days to respond, given a complaint about either his, or D20's business practices, so perhaps he doesn't want to take any calls due to that, and/or other issues.

I guess I need to file my complaint with them as well.

I've filed a Dispute with Paypal, so am hoping to get my money back.

savage October 12th, 2015 12:12 PM

50k is not enough for anything other than a short scifi movie. I was in a 100k production and was amazed at the effort for a non-scifi. I assume D20E is sitting on a ton of footage. They just need the CGI and editing to pull it together. Not a small task.

They put out the resins to make extra cash. So, I'm not surprised if this is a big snag. They needed to look for bigger backers. Marc may have put in cash but up front they should have reached out to Mongoose and anyone that may benefit in exchange for a film advertisement. And they should film in a state that has many rebates, and assistance.

Well, well see how it turns out.

Echo October 14th, 2015 07:35 AM

They shouldn't be selling resin models that they do not provide. They weren't part if the Kickstarter deal either, merely advertised to kickstarter backers after the campaign had finished. As such, they should be delivered as soon as there was confirmation of payment. I've been waiting the best part of a year for my model.

They set their own goal targets with the Kickstarter Campaign, and these goals were met. If they then decide they didn't raise enough money to fulfil their own goals, then that's their own fault.

Redcap October 14th, 2015 08:41 AM

Just the ex-Military Policeman in me, but has anyone actually laid charges against this person for fraud or theft, or has there been insufficient evidence to charge him?

Sir Brad October 14th, 2015 09:29 AM

I think so far it's all "Small Claims" spreed over too many jurisdictions, though I think I heard he has got a letter from a court somewhere in the states trying to arrange an appearance by him or his representation.

But I could be wrong