Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Spinward Traveller (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   So, Did the Spinward Traveller Debut Happen at Gencon? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=35037)

atpollard January 11th, 2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barsanuphius (Post 580303)
From her IMDb page...

I believe that photo was taken at Gencon, when she discovered that not only was the movie not ready for release, but she was not going to get her SWAG for being a supporter, either ... I heard she really wanted that Beowulf Free Trader starship Crew ID card and Personal UPP Tee-Shirt. ;)

martletsquire January 14th, 2018 03:34 AM

Soooooo. Is this photo just a cheap tease or does this mean the glacier is actually moving?

Just want to know, as a spectator, at the tortoise long-distance race, so I can start the corn growing for the next corn for the popcorn.

aramis January 14th, 2018 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martletsquire (Post 580475)
Soooooo. Is this photo just a cheap tease or does this mean the glacier is actually moving?

Just want to know, as a spectator, at the tortoise long-distance race, so I can start the corn growing for the next corn for the popcorn.

If there is motion, it's well hidden.

martletsquire January 14th, 2018 04:36 AM

Yikes!

Thanks for the update.

lordmalachdrim January 14th, 2018 09:36 AM

No known activity on this or any of his other projects. But he does own/manage a game store now.

But if you check out the store's facebook page and store page you'll quickly realize that it's likely just another scam.

You can keep track of the entire mess at http://notanotherdime.blogspot.com/

coliver988 January 14th, 2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martletsquire (Post 580475)

I think you have time to grow the corn, but will no longer be able to pop it in <redacted> as it froze over. :D

Condottiere January 14th, 2018 03:23 PM

You have to pitch to one of the streaming services, either Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.

Their demographics are more likely to be familiar with Traveller, and they need original content, preferably IP that they already own.

aramis January 15th, 2018 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Condottiere (Post 580519)
You have to pitch to one of the streaming services, either Netflix, Hulu or Amazon.

Their demographics are more likely to be familiar with Traveller, and they need original content, preferably IP that they already own.

The pilot isn't even finished yet.

Condottiere January 15th, 2018 05:54 AM

Use existing footage as proof of concept, after letting a professional editor try to give it some coherence.

If they are interested, they're likely to pump some serious money into the production, and recast and reshoot.

It would be a nice gesture to then adequately compensate the original cast and crew.

Blue Ghost January 15th, 2018 09:01 AM

Ages ago I worked on an indy trailer for a feature (early twenties) and it was by far one of the most professional looking pieces of film I had and have ever seen to this day.

It was a little anthology (or was to be) about what people did on and around the fourth of July in the city. I think most of them were love stories. The footage looked spectacular. Truly. But it never got picked up, the director passed away in the 90s, and that was that.

In my opinion Traveller probably has a lot more marketability for return on investment than all the indy stuff I crewed on. It has name recognition, a pre-established background, and a host of other things going for it.

I hope you guys can make it happen.