Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   imperial scout rescue service (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40181)

vegas May 14th, 2020 02:24 PM

No worries. Patient like the Buddha here. Thanks for the game!

How you holding up shelter-in-place-wise? Has your county relaxed yet?

flykiller May 14th, 2020 11:14 PM

welcome. it's fun envisioning and depicting a world.

"shelter in place" doesn't bother me, good practice for if/when there's ever a real plague. most people pretty much ignored the whole thing when they could, half the people aren't wearing masks anymore (I never did), the store actually had toilet paper on the shelf at the end of the day today. all this hysteria over the flu. geez.

the real problem is when half our local businesses fail and never re-open - that'll be the REAL plague. this lock-down response over the FLU isn't a joke, it's a hostile act.

Shadow Shack May 15th, 2020 09:45 AM

"Copy that, ISRS Mission Control. Standing by for further orders."

vegas May 15th, 2020 11:59 AM

Glad you are holding up, fly. I won't restart the "it's just a flu" topic here, but I agree that people seem to be underestimating how bad this is going to hammer the economy. Unemployment jumped 11+ points in 2 months, with another 5 points leaving the workforce, for 16% net. The next 4 weeks weren't as bad, but still terrible. Add to that the government is paying companies to keep people employed, and the outlook is grim.

flykiller May 16th, 2020 11:44 PM

typed up a comment, deleted it, let's just try and stick with the game while we all still have incomes letting us play ....

Quote:

Copy that
wrong thread I think.

vegas May 16th, 2020 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 612624)
let's just try and stick with the game while we all still have incomes letting us play ....

Roger that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 612624)
wrong thread I think.

First time I read it, I thought the same, but then I decided it might have been intentional too..

flykiller May 24th, 2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Nyco files his report detailing the overly pompous regal man
in the written sure, but I meant verbal to the supervisor for now.

flykiller May 30th, 2020 11:39 PM

asked this somewhere else but now can't find it, so I'll ask again here.

comments on the game, critique, complaints, suggestions. feel free.

continue? I could really jack up the level of the existing game, or just continue on with the same general theme and/or format, or you could be reassigned to something different (you are scouts after all). I remember Shadow Shack said he wanted to rescue other scouts.

and anyone else interested?

Shadow Shack May 31st, 2020 02:47 PM

I've enjoyed both segments with their twists and turns.

And yes, very interested in a scenario that entails rescuing some of our own. :cool:

vegas May 31st, 2020 04:38 PM

Fly, you lead, and Ishi will follow. I got no critiques.

flykiller June 3rd, 2020 10:11 PM

computer tech (vegas)
Shigiikarishi Ishkiigegakag
57AC88, age 27
vacc suit / 0G 2*(hazard suit +1)
computer 2*
electronics 2*
robotics 0
medical 1
forgery 1

vegas, add a simple skill at, or upgrade an existing simple skill to, 2* (vehicle, weapon, forgery, etc).

pilot (Shadow Shack)
Nyco Layne (mH)
6A9687 age: 32
pilot 2*(A)
navigation-1
medical 1
mechanical-1
shotgun-2

Shadow Shack, add a simple skill at, or upgrade an existing simple skill to, 2* (vehicle, weapon, etc), and add any skill at 2*. by the way, what does (mH) signify?

vegas June 3rd, 2020 10:19 PM

Can you tell us some more about Drip before we choose? UPP and skills?

EDIT: Well, I'd still like to know more about Drip, but I'll add comms 2* regardless.

Shadow Shack June 3rd, 2020 10:30 PM

pilot (Shadow Shack)
Nyco Layne (mH)
pilot 2*(A)
computer-1
navigation-1
medical 1
mechanical-1
shotgun-2
brawling-2

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 613273)
Shadow Shack, add a simple skill at, or upgrade an existing simple skill to, 2* (vehicle, weapon, etc), and add any skill at 2*. by the way, what does (mH) signify?

(mH) = male Human

New skills in bold text, taken from Book-6 [I]Scouts[/I]...let me know if those are acceptable, I can always swap them out for core LBB skills otherwise.

flykiller June 3rd, 2020 10:55 PM

vegas:

comms ain't simple. given your electronics background I'd allow comm 2, no star.

Shadow Shack:

shotgun 2* or brawling 2*. as for computer 1 ... ok, but it'll be more an intuitive than logical skill.

re Drip: imtu navigator is a hard career track. at her current level she'll have navigation 2*, pilot 1, vacc suit / 0G 1, and either comms 2*, computer 2*, or electronics 2*. if she's' really brilliant she might have a side skill or two as well.

Shadow Shack June 4th, 2020 11:05 AM

pilot (Shadow Shack)
Nyco Layne (mH)
pilot 2*(A)
computer-1
navigation-1
medical 1
mechanical-1
shotgun-2*

vegas June 4th, 2020 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 613282)
re Drip: either comms 2*, computer 2*, or electronics 2*.

Since those are also all in Ishi's domain as well, I'd like to assume (when you choose which) that Ishi has interacted with Drip up enough on the weeks long journey to know which she is trained in.

That OK?

flykiller June 8th, 2020 10:58 PM

(computer problems. delays delays ....)

ok, she's got electronics 2*. ishi also has seen her on the target range, she seems ok.

Shadow Shack, I meant either brawling 2*/shotgun 2 or shotgun 2*/brawling 2. so I assume you're at

pilot (Shadow Shack)
Nyco Layne (mH)
6A9687 age: 33
pilot 2*(A)
computer-1
navigation-1
medical 1
mechanical-1
shotgun-2*
brawling-2

change it if you like.

vegas is at

computer tech (vegas)
Shigiikarishi Ishkiigegakag
57AC88, age 28
computer 2*
electronics 2*
comms 2
robotics 0
medical 1
forgery 1

also you picked an emphasis for computer and electronics, but I can't find it, please restate it. (i.e. computer 2*(security+2) or computer 2*(security +1, sensor systems +1), etc). same for electronics.

vegas June 9th, 2020 10:50 AM

I had chosen electronics (generalist) and after discussion with you computer (security +2). Click here for the page.

flykiller June 9th, 2020 10:53 PM

info updated and reposted to Imperial Scout Rescue Service - 03.

Shadow Shack June 10th, 2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 613409)
Shadow Shack, I meant either brawling 2*/shotgun 2 or shotgun 2*/brawling 2. so I assume you're at

pilot (Shadow Shack)
Nyco Layne (mH)
6A9687 age: 33
pilot 2*(A)
computer-1
navigation-1
medical 1
mechanical-1
shotgun-2*
brawling-2

That works. :cool:

Shadow Shack June 22nd, 2020 07:36 PM

Apologies for my absence, my wife had a stroke and was hospitalized for a few days. She's home now but I have a full plate scheduling therapy and follow-ups. I should be back in the game soon enough.

vegas June 22nd, 2020 07:53 PM

Oh wow. You take care now. Gaming is the least of your worries. Hope it is a good respite for your when you are ready. Take care of yourself as you care for your bride.

Good luck and hang in there.

flykiller June 22nd, 2020 11:15 PM

noted, first things first, take your time, will pray.

suspending game until then.

Shadow Shack July 3rd, 2020 12:24 PM

Thanks. We're in some semblance of "normalcy" for the moment. Waiting for the follow-ups and biding our time. I'll post when I can, feel free to NPC Nyco if I go a few days without responding.

vegas July 3rd, 2020 03:38 PM

Glad to read that. Welcome back!

flykiller July 26th, 2020 11:26 PM

Shadow Shack, hope you and your wife are doing well.

gentlemen if this game continues I'd have it on another board.

vegas July 27th, 2020 01:52 AM

Sure, just give the word.

What do you think Shadow Shack?

Shadow Shack July 27th, 2020 08:07 AM

Thanks Fly, let me know when & where.

flykiller July 28th, 2020 09:20 PM

might take a while, I'll have to come up with maybe a thousand dollars for a better machine and a net link of some sort. I'll let you know.

vegas July 28th, 2020 09:51 PM

I'm an admin on a gaming board, and I could hook us up, but it doesn't have a dice roller. I'm quietly lobbying the tech guys to load one, and have found an extension to our system online that would do the trick, but since somebody else has to do it... who knows. Could be awhile.