Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Ship's Locker (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Consolodated Equipment list posted (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=5378)

PVernon September 14th, 2003 02:49 PM

I have noticed over the last few weeks various people have been looking for equipment lists. So ... I have posted on my site a list that is compiled from as many CT, MT, T4, TNE, and T20 sorces as possable.

The list is a work in progress so if you see a problem, a scorce not used, or have suggestion as to organization please send me a note at my yahoo address. (pvernon2001@yahoo.com)

In the list I have avoided things that are the product of edition unique design sequenses. I have also changed some of the names so that like items sort together better, ie IR Goggles to Goggles,IR.
Have fun! :D

kaladorn September 14th, 2003 04:34 PM

There was a small (LBB ish, though not black IIRC) equipment catalog (Central Supply?) published back in the waaaay old days. It had a *lot* of excellent gear in it (I thinkt he only complaint was it had no weights....). Did you have this as a reference? If not, I can perhaps produce some summary tables given a bit of time.

Libris September 14th, 2003 07:56 PM

There was "The FCI Consumer Guide" from 1982 by some lot calling themselves the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration" ;)

John Robertson

kaladorn September 14th, 2003 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Libris:
There was "The FCI Consumer Guide" from 1982 by some lot calling themselves the Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration" ;)
Thanks for the 'name' reminder. I figured it was a FASA product (so my recollection said). I seem to have misplaced my original, but I have a 'backup' I made when I was trying to consolidate equipment lists waaay back.

I'm just curious if this gem of antiquity contributed to the list?

vegascat September 15th, 2003 12:41 AM

Excellent work.
I tried to do a unified list myself, but never had the time to complete it.

Thank you

PVernon September 15th, 2003 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kaladorn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Libris:

Thanks for the 'name' reminder. I figured it was a FASA product (so my recollection said). I seem to have misplaced my original, but I have a 'backup' I made when I was trying to consolidate equipment lists waaay back.

I'm just curious if this gem of antiquity contributed to the list?
</font>[/QUOTE]No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(

kaladorn September 15th, 2003 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PVernon:
No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(
Would you like me to supply an XLS or HTML file that has a tabular list of the equipment from the FCI Consumer's Guide? [img]smile.gif[/img]

If so, drop me an e-mail at kaladorn at magma dot ca. I'll have to attend to it next week, if you want it.

PVernon September 15th, 2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by kaladorn:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PVernon:
No it did not, I don't have any of the FASA books. :(

Would you like me to supply an XLS or HTML file that has a tabular list of the equipment from the FCI Consumer's Guide? [img]smile.gif[/img]

If so, drop me an e-mail at kaladorn at magma dot ca. I'll have to attend to it next week, if you want it.
</font>[/QUOTE]Yes that would be helpfull! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

PVernon September 15th, 2003 07:39 PM

By the way Brook's plasmafaust needs a design to go with it. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]

Tanuki September 15th, 2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PVernon:
By the way Brook's plasmafaust needs a design to go with it. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]
Well, I needed some kind of illo for the equipment list link. :cool: So here it is, the poor man's one-shot PGMP, the Spofulam Arms PlasmaFaustâ„¢. I would be delighted if someone wants to generate stats on the thing.

http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/tr...mafaust_sm.jpg

There's a larger view at http://www.sff.net/people/kitsune/tr...lasmafaust.png complete with the projectile.

Note that this is a product of Spofulam Arms, a division of Famile Spofulam so it ought to be pyrotechnic enough to satisfy Ditzie.

As I see it, I figure it fires an AP plasma grenade, initiating the plasma burst within the grenade body which is then launched at the target. The initial chemical propellant is supplemented by leaking a small jet of plasma from the base of the grenade. The magnetic/gravitic containment of the grenade is quickly overwhelmed -- the grenade travelling perhaps a hundred meters at extremely high velocity before noisily becoming a ball of plasma -- which will travel another hundred meters or so before dissipating.

Should the grenade body impact with a target within the first hundred meters it will, of course, detonate there. Note that if you don't hit a target before the projectile detonates you certainly will cook whatever is within the next 50-100 meters.

The integral electronic sight and shoulder stock improve the accuracy of what is, after all, a high tech blunderbuss.

This is certainly not the sort of weapon one wants to fire indoors, let alone as anything other than an act of desperation or extreme foolhardiness. The PlasmaFaust does have a substantial recoil and splash from the plasma jet does have an unfortunate tendency to singe the user and anyone nearby. And if the target is too close or the thing misfires, well...

Note also that it can be reloaded quickly should anyone actually want to do so after firing it once. I'd like the powerpack in the launcher body to have enough oomph to power up half-a-dozen projectiles before recharging. [img]graemlins/file_23.gif[/img]