Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   imperial scout rescue service (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40181)

SpaceBadger July 11th, 2019 06:24 PM

flykiller, do you recall a thread from several years ago (before my surgery), I believe it was atpollard and I and I don't recall who else, discussing shipboard mechanic/engineer's tools of what we imagined for TL12? I think my main contribution was details of what all the Goggles could be used for, and maybe some remotes, but Arthur had a LOT of really cool and practical ideas.

Just thinking some of that stuff is bound to come up in any shipboard rescue, and wanting to get your thoughts. I'll go now to find the thread and edit in a link from here.

Bingo! :D

TL 12 Ship's Engineer Tool Set

TL 12 Mechanical Tool Set

TL 12 Electronics Tool Set

TL 12 Metalworking Tool Set

ManOfGrey July 11th, 2019 07:06 PM

Stats and skills for medic character.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 603942)

Medic ManofGray
Jaxson Regent
vacc suit / 0G 2*(hazard suit +1)
medical 3*

pick one and add 2-3 skill levels in whatever you like.

I don't know how important a UPP is. Taking the "three dice, and choosing the two highest" method, I rolled a 897AA7. If this is too much, or if I need to adjust anything, please let me know.

I was thinking about adding the following skills, Grav Vehicle-1, Computer-1, and Pistol-1.

Is this OK?

PS Jaxson was going to try to requisition a Grav Belt. If denied, would he have enough money to buy one?

flykiller July 11th, 2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

look ok ... this ok
yes and yes.

Quote:

if this is too much
actually that's about spot on what I would consider typical for young active-duty personnel in a highly selective technical service.

Quote:

grav belt
never spent one second thinking about grav belts. tell me how they work and I'll say yes or no. and no, you can't afford one.

ManOfGrey July 11th, 2019 11:29 PM

Grav Belt

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604058)
...and no, you can't afford one.

Good point. I had forgotten they're 'kinda pricey.

From the MegaTraveller Imperial Encyclopedia, p. 59:

Grav Belt: A standard-issue Tech Level 12 grav belt looks like a parachute harness with a "stiffener" that runs down the back and has a series of artificial gravity modules around the waist. The grav belt weighs about 10 kg, but once it is turned on, a neutral control setting eliminates this weight.

This configuration provides 300 kg of thrust for four hours between charges. The grav belt has a maximum speed in an atmosphere of 300 kph, a cruising speed of 225 kph, and a nap-of-earth speed of 40 kph.

TL Vol Weight Price
12 25 liters 10 kg* Cr 100,000 (4 hours per charge)
15 15 liters 10 kg* Cr 110,000 (8 hours per charge)

*When not activated

Obviously the purpose of his request is an attempt to avoid once again sustaining the life-threatening injury he is just now recovering from.

flykiller July 11th, 2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

grav belt
ok, I'll allow it (probably regret this), they're in your equipment lockers.

when SpaceBadger kicks in to the IC thread I'll light things off.

SpaceBadger July 12th, 2019 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604062)
ok, I'll allow it (probably regret this), they're in your equipment lockers.

WooHoo, grav belts! Never got to try those before! Good idea, Grey! (Or do you prefer Man? MOG? Or the whole thing? )

Do they work for EVA?

Quote:

when SpaceBadger kicks in to the IC thread I'll light things off.
Sorry, weird allergy attack bothering me since abt 1600, itchy hives all over, antihistamines not very effective. Maybe something I ate. Not good clear thinking, just passive reading for distraction from pain/itching. I'll go take a look and write something now. Where are we, anyway, sitting in base on Equus, waiting for call-out? Or will we do some kind of patrol, be "out there" where we might be needed?

What'd you think of the TL 12 tool sets? Reasonable?

SpaceBadger July 12th, 2019 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManOfGrey (Post 604061)
Obviously the purpose of his request is an attempt to avoid once again sustaining the life-threatening injury he is just now recovering from.

Y'know, I remember thinking when I read your PC bio that some grav belts would have been a big help there! ;)

SpaceBadger July 12th, 2019 02:55 AM

Just trying to take stock, figure out who's who. My memory ain't good, I need notes.

SpaceBadger - Eneri (Ank) Buchannon, team leader & engineer
vegas - Shigiikarishi Ishkiigegakag (Ishi) - hacker/comms/electronics whiz
ManOfGrey - Jaxson Regent - medic

So we don't have a Player for Pilot yet, or did I miss somebody? (Sorry if I did!)

EDIT: ShadowShack, are you the Pilot?

Shadow Shack July 12th, 2019 04:18 PM

Sorry, I've been working graveyard and forgot to check this board. Yeah, I'll be the stick jockey.

pilot Shadow Shack
Nyco Layne (mH)
6A9687 age:32 3 term scout
vacc suit / 0G 2*(hazard suit +1)
pilot 2*
medical 1
shotgun-1
mechanical-1
navigation-1

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Gal...dex.php?n=2816

What are we doing for equipment & gear?

flykiller July 12th, 2019 06:32 PM

ok, Shadow Shack in and listed (on page 2 of this thread)

Quote:

Do they work for EVA?
nope, the reason they're so compact is because the system omits all kinds of things like auto control and auto-motivation. they'll work in a gravity well, and they're directed manually.

Quote:

tl 12 tool sets
first impression is they appear ok, pending further review. tell you what, your character is fairly experienced, just list here what you think should be in his tool kit. don't forget you'll have to carry it ....