Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   imperial scout rescue service (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40181)

Shadow Shack July 26th, 2019 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 604781)
attempts to fire this baby up and gain vector control from the Bridge first,

... ...

What do you think, ShadowShack ?

That was my next step once it's determined that the bridge functions were up to par. :cool:

flykiller July 26th, 2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

are there footprints
no. looks like something was dragged. can't really tell which way.

Quote:

HEAP rounds might actually be one-shot laser rounds
those won't be here.

flykiller July 31st, 2019 08:36 PM

ManofGrey, you still up?

flykiller August 1st, 2019 08:21 PM

looks like ManofGrey is out. and SpaceBadger is intermittent. vegas/Shadow Shack, shall we push forward or wait?

vegas August 1st, 2019 08:55 PM

In my limited pbp experience (2 games prior), people disappear. So just play on. Nyco and Ishi will just have to be more assertive.

What say you, shadowshack

Shadow Shack August 2nd, 2019 03:05 AM

I'm in it to win it. Or die trying. Press on, mighty GM!

vegas August 7th, 2019 12:08 AM

@fly,

My next action depends on knowledge/beliefs that Ishi has that I don't. If Ishi thinks he could set of an alarm in the bridge, he would run there and do it. If he doesn't think he could do it, he empties his gun of tranq & gas rounds and loads the HEAP rounds.

What would Ishi think given his experience?

vegas August 7th, 2019 12:22 AM

PS - not that it matters much, but Ank did not load HEAP rounds in his gun, just "low-v ball". Only Ishi and the boat armory have HEAP rounds IIRC.

flykiller August 7th, 2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

what would ishi think
security bots typically have no remote interface, for obvious reasons, but almost always have a jack port for instruction uploads. a guard bot in the shape of a dog is not uncommon. it typically is utilized by people coming from a lower-tech environment that don't feel comfortable dealing with an abstract box, but may also be utilized for its instinctive effects on humans - humans don't fear an abstract box, but do fear a large hostile animal. given what you're hearing over the comms this one seems well-programmed - it will of course recognize and respond to unfamiliar intruders, and based on what Nyco said it seems to be recognizing and responding to weapons. it probably responds to alarms but likely a response to an intruder/weapon will take precedence over a response to an alarm.

Quote:

he empties
in-thread please.

Quote:

Ank did not
my bad.

vegas August 7th, 2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 605202)
my bad.

Meh. It's not really important.