Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Space Badger's Reaver's Deep (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   [SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=30671)

atpollard September 11th, 2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 452706)
Good points; what is CCC?

It was an acronym from one of the Traveller books that means staying in control

[looks it up] ... CCC or C3 stands for

Command: The exercise of authority based upon certain knowledge to attain an objective.

Control: The process of verifying and correcting activity such that the objective or goal of command is accomplished.

Communication: Ability to exercise the necessary liaison to exercise effective command between tactical or strategic units to command.

In practical terms, it means "it would be a real bad thing if the bad guys were able to access the ship's bridge and engineering and gain control of things like the ship, its weapons and our ability to communicate with each other, so we should do something to prevent that". :)

DaveChase September 11th, 2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 452727)
I guess with all the time invested in the tactical map, loading the cargo without incident seems a little unlikely. Doesn't it.

... sigh. ;)

Or it could just be a mechanism that the GM is using to force the characters and players to layout their routine and security plans for future use in the game. :)

sabredog September 11th, 2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 452732)
Or it could just be a mechanism that the GM is using to force the characters and players to layout their routine and security plans for future use in the game. :)

No...no...no...must resist playing against the referee...

Some of you guys must have had a great time with Paranoia.

And besides, who's to say we don't leak these plans as disinformation for the referee, and our real plans are on a different thread?

atpollard September 11th, 2013 10:43 PM

It would be quite a tragedy if the incoming ship just radioed ahead and some poor court clerk drives out here to attempt to serve a cease and desist order. :)

Even if we all managed to keep our twitchy fingers off all the triggers, the poor guy would probably have a heart attack at all of the guns pointing towards him.

Then we would all be on the news in one of those 'survivalist cults engaged in a standoff with local police' stories ... [loudspeaker blares] "Release the hostages and we can resolve this peacefully". :)

sabredog September 11th, 2013 11:51 PM

Oh but think of how funny it would be.

We'd all be standing around the smoking boots after we turned all the personal guns and lasers against him.....

Then frantically trying to find someone in the group that looks like the process server used to. "Uh, Okay...he's indisposed at the moment but he'll be right out of the bathroom any minute!"

Fritz_Brown September 12th, 2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 452731)
CCC or C3 stands for

Oh! C3! I didn't recognize it as just letters! (And, it's all C4 nowadays.)

SpaceBadger September 12th, 2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 452732)

:devil: YEAH! Yeah, that's it! Thanks, Dave!!!

Fritz_Brown September 12th, 2013 03:08 AM

Not throwing the expert card (not by *any* means!), but FYI, I work with command and control systems. One of those systems does exactly what I've described: take various information (including sensor data) and correlates it all into a [st]big[/st] HUGE picture that the commander can look at up on one of those really expensive projector screens. Tactical data links are also part of the systems with which I deal. It's not rocket science, but it does take computing power - at TL8.

samuelvss September 12th, 2013 10:11 AM

Alright, where's the tactical map I keep hearing about?

Fritz_Brown September 12th, 2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelvss (Post 452789)
Alright, where's the tactical map I keep hearing about?

Here is the post. Here is a direct link embedded in that post.
(Yes, we just crank out the posts aroun here - that's like 6 pages back!)