Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Space Badger's Reaver's Deep (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   [SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=30671)

Fritz_Brown September 3rd, 2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 451540)
Pretty sure we went trhough this also when y'all first came out of Jump....

But we have already used in the story, and I am not going to retcon,

No, no, no. You are quite right. I was thinking abstractly when I wrote that. No worries.

sabredog September 3rd, 2013 06:39 PM

Angry locals with shotguns led by a guy in battle dress and a poncho.

SpaceBadger September 4th, 2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 451540)
Can anyone tell me Devonia's current defense policy (not official, but pretty well known to all residents) and current defensive fleet? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuelvss (Post 451548)
Two Gazelles and something else? A Partridge? A Pear Tree?

One point to Sam for the "current defensive fleet". The defense policy is clearly stated in two separate documents, both featuring world data about Devonia (that is the world your characters are currently visiting, in case anyone was wondering :rolleyes:).

DaveChase September 4th, 2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 451625)
[OOC: So you're assuming Doc is not going to get shot in a bar fight? :smirk: How about we just leave it as Doc had a nice discussion w the two cops, then either did or didn't go home with the waitress, and now he is getting up as you stated above. I'm not real comfortable assuming that "prior time" will have no effect on "present time".]

Sounds good to me. Like I said, we can move the group along and have Doc having a good time just being social.

Doc is not an over night pick up and leave them kind of guy. If they are going to be in port for a week or so, he has no problem taking a day or two playing along before 'having a good time' with the opposite sex.

Do not feel as if Doc (me the player) has to have his equal time in the game world. I am not the center of the group nor the leader (ie PC or as player).

Things happen and though the world is moving quickly right now, I do not want to disrupt the flow. Later we may reach a slow point (in posting frequency) and we can play along later.

sabredog September 4th, 2013 12:01 PM

You can always split off and run your character on a tangent to anyone else.....I only interrupted to makes sure, briefly, the other tasks were being completed as planned in case Badger needed some character input or rolls. I didn't mean to stop Doc's action.

DaveChase September 4th, 2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredog (Post 451665)
You can always split off and run your character on a tangent to anyone else.....I only interrupted to makes sure, briefly, the other tasks were being completed as planned in case Badger needed some character input or rolls. I didn't mean to stop Doc's action.

in a silly child like voice:

snickering, he said action, stopping Doc from getting any action.

LOL


sabredog September 4th, 2013 01:25 PM

Yeah...yeah....next time we want video.

Fritz_Brown September 4th, 2013 01:43 PM

I think it might be a good idea for SB to post a "no action past this line" every so often - just to keep the herd together.

EDIT: Oh, and I could post video. But SB asked us to keep it PG..........

SpaceBadger September 4th, 2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 451643)
Sounds good to me. Like I said, we can move the group along and have Doc having a good time just being social.

I'm trying to remember if I had any specific rumors or ideas I wanted to pass along to Doc from this encounter. I guess the main thing is Doc got in some bonding time and made friends with a couple of local cops.

Dennis Blaser is a Devonia native, had a term in the militia (National Guard sort of thing that Devonia has instead of full-time Army), then went into police and worked his way up to Sergeant. Enjoys the customs work, meeting lots of new people from strange places all the time. Recently re-married, has teenage step-son and step-daughter who act out a lot, but loves his new wife.

Ahmed Lassiter is a more recent immigrant to Devonia after three terms in Imperial Realm Navy, got into Criminal Investigations Division early, spent a lot of time working serious crimes involving Navy personnel as accused or victims, enjoyed working w Marines in MP role, not so fond of Navy JAG types as prosecutors and defenders. Took early retirement when Navy was offering RIF bonuses, emigrated to Devonia on whim at suggestion of some friend. Got into DCPD (they were ecstatic to get someone w his experience) and was immediately assigned to serious crimes investigations, which he loves doing. No family anywhere within about fifteen parsecs.

DaveChase September 4th, 2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 451712)
I'm trying to remember if I had any specific rumors or ideas I wanted to pass along to Doc from this encounter. I guess the main thing is Doc got in some bonding time and made friends with a couple of local cops.

Dennis Blaser is a Devonia native, had a term in the militia (National Guard sort of thing that Devonia has instead of full-time Army), then went into police and worked his way up to Sergeant. Enjoys the customs work, meeting lots of new people from strange places all the time. Recently re-married, has teenage step-son and step-daughter who act out a lot, but loves his new wife.

Ahmed Lassiter is a more recent immigrant to Devonia after three terms in Imperial Realm Navy, got into Criminal Investigations Division early, spent a lot of time working serious crimes involving Navy personnel as accused or victims, enjoyed working w Marines in MP role, not so fond of Navy JAG types as prosecutors and defenders. Took early retirement when Navy was offering RIF bonuses, emigrated to Devonia on whim at suggestion of some friend. Got into DCPD (they were ecstatic to get someone w his experience) and was immediately assigned to serious crimes investigations, which he loves doing. No family anywhere within about fifteen parsecs.

Good information and possibly the some of the ship's crew can join Doc for a second round of local friendliness. :)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.