Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Space Badger's Reaver's Deep (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   [SBRD] IC Game: Chapter 01 (Devonia) (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=30816)

SpaceBadger August 17th, 2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosBennett (Post 449207)
[OOC: Does our ship have a shooting range onboard? Just curious.]

[OOC: Sorry, not big enough. You might be able to do something in the cargo hold when not too full (pretty full right now), with snub pistols and either rubber bullets or paintball ammo so as not to damage anything, but it would just point-n-shoot combat practice, not real target practice as the projectile ballistic characteristics would be different.]

[EDIT: OOC: Actually if you wanted some practice w your electromag sniper rifle you could go outside in your vaccsuit, give a target a small push to get it moving away from the ship, and have at it, as long as the ship is in deep space and not near other ships or space habitats. Only problem is ammo usage; might be difficult or expensive to replace at many places out in the Deep.]

EDIT 2: Just hang on and be patient, I think after a couple of current conversations are resolved we may be able to jump ahead to making orbit around Devonia.]

ErianFrost August 17th, 2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveChase (Post 449111)
Once there he sends a reminder to Kalos, to check for any robot or medical parts stores.

Kalos quickly reviews the available data.

"Hey Doc, the info I've got doesn't indicate that there are any parts listed for sale, but I did find some resale shops -- one deals in electronics. Also, there are some medical supply stores that might be worth checking out when we touch down."

Fritz_Brown August 17th, 2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 449200)
[OOC: Are you figuring she can fish from her bike, or do you mean fly out to the harbor and work off a boat?]

[OOC: As much fun as it might be to fish from the bike, I'm thinking 1) her skill isn't high enough, 2) the bike is a bit small, and 3) I'm not sure how a grav platform interacts with things outside its field when pulling and such. So, she plans on getting a boat and going out.]

ChaosBennett August 17th, 2013 09:06 PM

Think I'll just get my vaccsuit back on, go outside with my rifle and keep an eye out for anything that moves and looks hostile.

SpaceBadger August 17th, 2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosBennett (Post 449222)
Think I'll just get my vaccsuit back on, go outside with my rifle and keep an eye out for anything that moves and looks hostile.

[OOC: Space is big and empty. Might want to carry along a few pieces of trash to toss if you really want something to shoot at.]

sabredog August 18th, 2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredog (Post 448937)
"Ok, I'll have a side chat with him before we touch down and set up and appointment."

Hampton calls the bridge, "Kalos, I'm loading my authorization (Hampton sets up the purchase order on his pocket comp, signs, and uploads it to the ship's computer) "for an update package for the Library program. Send in the order and load it into the system, please."

Hampton will stop by Mr. Verchanski's stateroom and knock.

...picking up where I left off....

Hampton enters the stateroom and takes the seat offered by Verchanski.

"I hope you're feeling a little better now that things have settled down after the pop-out? Doc tells me you have an export and manufacturing company on Devonia, do you specialize in anything in particular?"

ChaosBennett August 18th, 2013 09:05 PM

[OOC: There's disease and danger wrapped under that darkness and silence.]

samuelvss August 18th, 2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atpollard (Post 449000)
[Max]
Excellent. With your 14 hour shift, I only need another 10 hours to cover Engineering, leaving 4 to 6 hours to take care of the passengers. We survive four days of that and the passengers will be unloaded and we get a break."

"Well, how 'bout the bots. Can you show me where I can start?"

Henry's going to see what can be done, turn in for 8 hours, grab a coffee, and be 30 min early for his 14 hour shift.

SpaceBadger August 18th, 2013 10:33 PM

Fortunate Son (shiptime 0930, 3731-08-09)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredog (Post 449350)
...picking up where I left off....

Hampton enters the stateroom and takes the seat offered by Verchanski.

"I hope you're feeling a little better now that things have settled down after the pop-out? Doc tells me you have an export and manufacturing company on Devonia, do you specialize in anything in particular?"

Verchanski thanks Hampton for his inquiry, and says that he is feeling much better after Doc's treatment. He sometimes travels on business, and the jump sickness never hits him this bad. "I guess I'd better start taking those preventative meds from now on."

He tells Hampton a bit about his business - mostly import/export broker, and he would be happy to represent the Fortunate Son. No, he doesn't have any particular ideas about current cargo, as he has been away for several months and needs to get back to his office to check his expert-system.

He also frequently acts as middleman in putting together deals for new products, finding parts suppliers and packagers and so forth. He is authorized to represent several manufacturers of different types, so can usually find someone to make whatever needs to be made.

Verchanski whips out his datapad and offers a contract for e-signing if Hampton wants to authorize him to act as broker for the Fortunate Son's cargo - but Hampton notes that the fee is high and structured so that he gets paid even if he doesn't make the sale, plus there is already Kalos on board to act as broker at no extra charge above his regular salary.

Which reminds him (Hampton), that he had a voice message from Kalos, something about some deals he spotted in the info pkg from Devonia...

Fritz_Brown August 18th, 2013 11:13 PM

Donoma
 
Donoma makes a deal for a boat and heads out for a couple of hours of food acquisition activities. She will try to land 5-20kg of decent fish.

[-40Cr, roll 9+1]


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2010-2013, Far Future Enterprises. All Rights Reserved.