Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   The Lone Star (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did I just receive? (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=41789)

gchuck February 19th, 2021 09:57 PM

What did I just receive?

Got an envelope from MWM today, containing a Cr100 note, a Cr50 note, and playing(?)cards for a Hand Scanner and Hand Detector.
Also there was a card for Sheyou (0610 Spinward Marches).:confused:

What is this stuff for? The Imperial Moot? A Zhodani world?

I M Baffled.

jcrocker February 20th, 2021 01:09 AM

Did he owe you Cr150 from that Fizzbin game?

There was the Emperor`s Birthday sign-up thing last August, did you put in for that? What was the postmark on the envelope? I put in for it, but either it didn`t make it, or XBoats don`t deliver to Canada. I mean, it`s almost spelled the same as `Caranda` from Norris`family...

Madmax February 21st, 2021 12:50 AM

It sounds like you got a few sample pieces and cards from the Traveller Card Game as a promo.

robject February 21st, 2021 09:43 AM

He's testing out Imperial currency patterns, and also has numerous cards of various types that he likes to hand out. My cards were Droyne related.

jcrocker February 21st, 2021 12:10 PM

Is Marc doing random mailings? Anyone know what list he is pulling addresses from?

inexorabletash February 21st, 2021 03:45 PM

If you've ordered something from FFE, Marc has your address.

Occasionally he'll ask people for updated addresses in advance, but he also likes surprising people. If your mailing address changes, doesn't hurt to drop him a note.

jcrocker February 22nd, 2021 06:26 PM

Getting something like that would be a nice surprise!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gchuck (Post 622313)
Got an envelope from MWM today, containing a Cr100 note, a Cr50 note, and playing(?)cards for a Hand Scanner and Hand Detector.
Also there was a card for Sheyou (0610 Spinward Marches).:confused:

What pictures are on the bills? I still have a Cr10 bill from GDW with Strephon on it, and some Cr25 coins from T5 with Norris.

gchuck February 22nd, 2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrocker (Post 622433)
What pictures are on the bills? I still have a Cr10 bill from GDW with Strephon on it, and some Cr25 coins from T5 with Norris.

Uploaded to Misc Images file as 'Traveller Swag'.

jcrocker February 22nd, 2021 06:45 PM

Great, thanks!

AtlanticFriend February 23rd, 2021 02:54 PM

Very nice indeed.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering "What did I just order"?

I found a Traveller T5 book through a game store's site but the cover image don't match with the price. Meh, we'll see in a few weeks. There's so much official Traveller material I miss that it will be a nice addition no matter what!