Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Space Badger's Reaver's Deep (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   [SBRD] OOC Discussion: Chapter 01 (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=30671)

sabredog August 11th, 2013 03:48 AM

Oh hey, this seems as good a juncture as any to admit this, but after looking over the costs and mass of the ship components on the worksheet I have I just realized that I drew the plans using the wrong values for the drives.

Instead of the volume I used the cost values for computing squares. Accordingly, the engineering spaces on the deckplans are larger than they should be. It wouldn't have changed the overall shape of the ship much, other than perhaps narrowing the Quarters Deck in the stern, since the cargo deck shape was really the core of the design.

Sorry about that - my only defense is that I was heavily medicated with painkillers and muscle relaxants for those couple of days when I drew the plans up, but it's still sloppy of me.

sabredog August 11th, 2013 03:59 AM

Here is the price breakdown on the ship parts from LBB2:

Component price (in MCr.)

500 tons (w/ streamlining) 50
Bridge 2
Computer Model 4 30

Jump Drive F 60
Maneuver Drive H 32
Power Plant H 64

Drop Tanks prices are up to the referee.

Staterooms (14) 7
Low Berths (10) .5

Triple Turrets (x3) 3
4 Beam Lasers 4
Sandcasters (x2) .5
Missile Rack .75

Launch 14

SpaceBadger August 11th, 2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredog (Post 448368)
I think while on the ship we should NOT carry a weapon during routine operations - especially since it might unduly alarm the passengers. However, if no passengers are on board, and/or we are heading into harm's way and know it then if it makes you feel better I suppose you can carry a sidearm, but try not to carry around passengers. You never know if one of them gets twitchy around guns and we don't need to make it easier for someone to try something stupid.

We have plenty of weapons stashed around the ship, and its not a big ship so you wouldn't have to run far to retrieve your favorite gun if a fight starts, so we don't really need to be carrying the things while working the ship.

Was that what you intended to say? (Added the NOT since that seemed more in line w the rest of your comments.)

SpaceBadger August 11th, 2013 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sabredog (Post 448369)
Oh hey, this seems as good a juncture as any to admit this, but after looking over the costs and mass of the ship components on the worksheet I have I just realized that I drew the plans using the wrong values for the drives.

Instead of the volume I used the cost values for computing squares. Accordingly, the engineering spaces on the deckplans are larger than they should be. It wouldn't have changed the overall shape of the ship much, other than perhaps narrowing the Quarters Deck in the stern, since the cargo deck shape was really the core of the design.

Sorry about that - my only defense is that I was heavily medicated with painkillers and muscle relaxants for those couple of days when I drew the plans up, but it's still sloppy of me.

No sweat, amigo! The whole design looks great! :D

sabredog August 11th, 2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 448375)
Was that what you intended to say? (Added the NOT since that seemed more in line w the rest of your comments.)

Yeah....I'm typing so much this week I'm losing track of what's coming out onto the "paper" I think. I'll be glad when Friday comes and goes and finals week will be over. 30 days of no classwork, yay.

Fritz_Brown August 11th, 2013 08:22 AM

I had a couple of questions on the ship design:
26 is labeled "stern cargo doors" - did you mean bow cargo doors? ("stern" is aft, "bow" is forward)
How do passengers get on the ship? Through crew quarters from the cargo deck? Through crew quarters from the launch? (Oh, I see - one of the pantries is an airlock....)
Did you use 1m or 1.5m squares?

I also volunteer my services for turning this into 3D model (though I don't have the skill to make it detailed or texture it). I can also turn the deckplan into a computerized format if you like.

Fritz_Brown August 11th, 2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceBadger (Post 448356)
Jarvis replies, "I'm sorry, Doc, I can't do that."

Given the player's name, you should go with the original "I'm sorry, Dave, I can't do that."

Please let me know if we turn any part of ship's operations over to AIs - 'cause I'll spend the rest of the trip in my vacc suit..........

BTW - if an entire post consists of "[OOC:]", then please post it over in the appropriate OOC thread. Otherwise it will get hard to follow the actual conversation/interaction. Just a piece of friendly advice to all.

Fritz_Brown August 11th, 2013 08:36 AM

Oh, and I think Badger is doing a bang-up job so far! Kudos to you!

(In what time zones do folks reside? That way I can judge when the best time to check the IC thread is. I'm US East Coast time zone (UTC+5 right now).)

DaveChase August 11th, 2013 11:21 AM

Doc wants either room 18 or 19

As for Doc using the wrong name of the AI, Hmm, he has been on the ship for what 2 weeks. ;)

Also, Doc is just waking up, being a doc with smelly liquids and trying to keep paying passengers happy. With the biometrics you mentioned, I figured it didn't matter which AI, I used to open the sick bay.

sabredog August 11th, 2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz_Brown (Post 448387)
I had a couple of questions on the ship design:
26 is labeled "stern cargo doors" - did you mean bow cargo doors? ("stern" is aft, "bow" is forward)
How do passengers get on the ship? Through crew quarters from the cargo deck? Through crew quarters from the launch? (Oh, I see - one of the pantries is an airlock....)
Did you use 1m or 1.5m squares?

I also volunteer my services for turning this into 3D model (though I don't have the skill to make it detailed or texture it). I can also turn the deckplan into a computerized format if you like.

I see #29 labeled as stern cargo doors. #26 is labeled as the passenger lounge.

And the scale is 1.5m squares (2 squares to the ton).