Citizens of the Imperium

Citizens of the Imperium (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/index.php)
-   Play by Post - OOC (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   imperial scout rescue service (http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=40181)

ManOfGrey July 26th, 2019 11:00 AM

Revolvers in space... !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Shack (Post 604745)
Yep, those get chambered into what we affectionately know as the Book-1 "revolver". :p

Beggars can't be choosers, I guess. If that's what we got, then that's what we got. I thought the advantage of Snub Pistols was that they were tailored for zero-g. If that's how they manage it, then so be it. Load the HE rounds if we got 'em. :eek:

(Instead of "Dirty Harry," it's going to be the "Dirty Doctor.") :CoW:

vegas July 26th, 2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManOfGrey (Post 604752)
(Instead of "Dirty Harry," it's going to be the "Dirty Doctor.") :CoW:

Doc Holiday, especially with the Dead Man's Hand scene in the lounge.

flykiller July 26th, 2019 03:03 PM

they may be "HE" and "HEAP", but just keep in mind that there's only so much a .38 caliber charge can do.

ManOfGrey July 26th, 2019 03:09 PM

No problem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604763)
they may be "HE" and "HEAP", but just keep in mind that there's only so much a .38 caliber charge can do.

I can live with 4d6! ::D

Shadow Shack July 26th, 2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604763)

Also remember that .38 caliber and .357 Magnum fit in the same chambers/barrels. You just can't fire the Magnum through the .38 barrel because it hasn't been reinforced like the bona-fide magnum barrels are. So in essence, there really is a lot that .38 can do, hence the debut of the magnum revolvers.

Fun Fact: 9mm also fits, but you need a redesigned cylinder to accept the round. Ditto for .380 ammunition (which can also be fired in a 9mm self-loader but it lacks the blowback to move the slide).

Just throwing out a slew of useless trivia. ;)

ManOfGrey July 26th, 2019 05:36 PM

Which way does the trail lead?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604765)
A trail of blood leads from the engineering space to the aft port cabin door.

Are there footprints in the blood that might show which direction the person might have been walking? Are they indeed "from the engineering space to the aft port cabin door?" Or were they traveling to engineering instead?

SpaceBadger July 26th, 2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604718)
iirc Space Badger specified that there are two, so I believe one remains for you if you wish.

Specified arms locker had 4 snub revolvers (6-shooters, not 8), described the speedloaders available: tranq, HEAP, low velocity bullets (standard snub ammo). Specified regulation entry load for rescue teams is 3 tranq, 3 bullets - w TRANQ UP FRONT. (We're Rescue, not SWAT!)

Ank and Nyco each took one, leaving two remaining.

Locker also had two pump-action shotguns. Both still there, last I heard.

EDIT: Armory Info Post

SpaceBadger July 26th, 2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManOfGrey (Post 604730)
My mistake. I thought I remembered that snub pistol ammo had armor piercing rounds. But I pulled out my old books, and it's actually high explosive, and/or high explosive, armor piercing rounds. Great... :nonono:

I'm not a big fan of high explosive rounds in the confines of a starship. Do they just have regular bullets? :oo:

Snubs used special low velocity bullets, to reduce momentum effects in zero-G. That's what the book said, anyway; I've never looked at the physics myself. In addition to solid ball ammo (regular bullets) snubs also had a variety including HE, HEAP, tranq, gas, and whatever else a GM might think appropriate. Lotsa folks I know (myself included) treat the "HE" as a frangible round that does extra damage to soft targets but is pretty useless against armor and has low penetration so as to do less collateral damage shipboard.

I suggested to flykiller that the HEAP rounds might actually be one-shot laser rounds that he featured in his Scout Rescue Mission novella, but I don't think he ever responded to that.

SpaceBadger July 26th, 2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flykiller (Post 604722)
(the body Jaxon saw earlier is the one on the deck, next to the lounge table)

Looking into the lounge Jaxon and Ishi (via Robby) observe another body in the lounge, this one still stitting mostly upright in the seat against the bulkhead. Oh yeah, dead a while, room temperature (normal range for a starship), maybe two or three days, obvious gunshot injuries to the chest and face. Cards - physical regular playing cards for games of combined chance and bluffing - are scattered everywhere. One card on the table has a bullet hole through it. Several bottles of alcohol, half full or empty, stand or lay about.

Are there any weapons in sight near either of the bodies? Or anywhere else we've seen?

Apparently nobody reads my posts, or else Team Leader doesn't mean anything. Stick together in pairs? Ishi and Jaxson (or is it Jaxon now?) head toward Bridge while Ank and Nyco head toward Engineering? Any of this ring any bells? [Link]

And how about our priorities, as stated by GM flykiller and repeated by Team Leader Ank: #1: vector control (no crashing ship!); #2: tend wounded, solve mysteries, anything else.

:rolleyes:

SpaceBadger July 26th, 2019 07:42 PM

I just realized, Ank and Nyco are on the Bridge now? I think Nyco was admiring the faux wood paneling of an instrument panel?

If so, then maybe instead of Nyco backing up Ank in checking out Engineering, they should start from where they are and Ank stay to back up Nyco, while Nyco the Pilot Dude attempts to fire this baby up and gain vector control from the Bridge first, then if there's any problem they can head to Engineering to deal with it.

What do you think, ShadowShack ?